| Job Posting
Position Title: Operations and Chief Pilot Assistant
Location: Prince George
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and Chief Pilot, the Operations and Chief Pilot Assistant will be primarily responsible for the supervision and tracking of all pilot’s personnel management and records and aiding with keeping flight manuals updated. Other duties may include projects as assigned by the Director of Operations, assisting the Operations Support Center, reporting pilot hours and training records to customers and/or auditors, and could expand to include personnel management and training records of other departments and assisting other departments such as Maintenance as required.
Manages the general administration of flight operations, including records keeping, distribution of required operational data to the pilot group and routine pilot personnel issues.
- Taking direction from the Director of Operations on organizing aircraft and pilots for daily operations and managing resources for future work, co-coordinating Operations with Maintenance and client requirements.
- Maintaining all documentation in adherence to legislation, company policies and procedures;
- Managing and scheduling the day to day operations and special projects of the Operations Support Centre, including hiring and terminations
- Logistical planning for pilot crew changes and jobs
- On-going communication with pilots, base managers and clients
- Support the Operations Support Centre
- Updating weekly reports
- Logistical planning for projects/ jobs
- Fielding operational questions, comments, and concerns that arise on a daily basis
- Record Keeping for all pilots
- On-going communication with pilots
- Distribution of data to pilots
- Ensure all aircraft have correct packages, fight manuals and paperwork
- Assisting the Chief Pilot and/or Director of Operations with projects
- Fielding questions, comments, and concerns from pilots
- Tracking, recording and providing support during pilot training
- Scheduling, marking and tracking all flight training and exams
- Other Duties as required by the Chief Pilot and/or Director of Operations
- Strong Administrative & Data entry skills and administration experience
- Detail oriented and able to work quickly & efficiently, independently and in a team environment
- Be extremely organized
- Ability to prioritize task
- Ability to work with little direction
- Friendly disposition with focus on internal customer service
- Must have experience working with computers and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task in a high demand environment
- Adequate typing skills
- Aviation Industry Experience an asset but not required
Daily responsibilities consistently change and offers a variable workload. People who are more comfortable with written procedures and detailed direction are likely not suitable for this position.
Applications are to be submitted by 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020 to: HR@yhl.ca
Or mail to:
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd.
4275 Hangar Rd.
Prince George, BC V2N 4M6
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Yellowhead Helicopters Ltd. (YHL) is a family owned and operated British Columbia based firm, providing year round, helicopter charter services to many large Corporations, since 1975. We have a talented and professional staff base and a positive work environment supporting learning and growth.
YHL is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to the principles of employment equity in all communities where we do business.